50% of the People Using Condoms Risk Getting STI, Latest Study Reveals
It can be rather confusing for many people to buy the right condom. It’s true that an enjoyable, safe and effective condom is not really something where one size fits all. The condom must fit right to provide protection and comfort for both partners. When a condom is too big, it might slip off while having intercourse; if it’s too small it may break. Perfectly fitting condom is the best.
A study was conducted on 3,000 men
- 25% found condoms to be too tight
- 15% said condoms were too loose
- 44% men had experienced a condom slipping off or breaking while in use
- 50% thought that usually condoms don’t fit very well
This means that half of the people using condoms are having not just bad sex, but risky sex as well. There is no excuse to this as it’s totally unnecessary.
If you choose the right sized condom, safe sex can also be the best sex.
How to know your size?
It’s not difficult to find out your size. To do that you need a ruler, a string and your erect penis. Here are step by step instructions.
- Get your penis erect. If you want to get the right size, your penis must be fully erect. You can’t get accurate measurements form a flaccid penis. It’s up to you how you accomplish this as long as you do.
- Measure the length. To do that place the ruler, or a measuring tape, at the base of the penis. Press deep into the pubic bone because sometimes fat might hide the actual length of the penis. Measure it from the base to the tip and mark down the result.
- Measure the girth. You need some string or a soft measuring tape for this. Wrap it around the penis on the thickest area. Make sure your penis is still erect. Now measure the string length with your ruler. Write down this result as well. If you need to know the diameter, just divide the measurement you got by 3.14.
- Compare your size. Now that you have your measurements, let’s find out how it compares to the average size. You no longer need an erect penis for that. On average, an erected penis is about 5.5 inches to 6.3 inches long and 4.5 inches to 5.1 inches in girth. The average diameter is around 1.4-1.6 inches. If your results were anywhere close to these numbers, you can use a regular sized condom as it should fit you perfectly. Make sure that the condom covers your whole penis and has space near the tip for when you ejaculate.
It might be best if you check the width of the condom when comparing sizes. In general, condoms from 1.75-2 inches wide are considered standard. Condoms less than 1.75 are categorized „snug“ and those over 2 inches are „large“.
If you go by length, it may be more confusing as different manufacturers have different sizes and measurements. Some may call standard size condoms large and small ones standard.